Monday 29 June 2015

BE BOLD but not Overbearing!

Yeeaaaaah....the stupid computers aren´t working today and I don´t have any more time!  If this gets to you, it will be lucky.  Today is a holiday in Chile and the internet isn´t working that well (Too many people using up all the bandwidth!).  The computer has frozen 2 times and it erased all of poor Hermana Martinez´s photos!  Ouch!

I tried to send a recording of Feliz Cumpleaños and a voice letter for Grace's 16th bday, but it´s not letting me send it!  I´ve had it with technology today!!!  I´m so sorry I won´t be able to send something special for the actual day of her birthday this week.  I´m going to be triple prepared next Monday.

The beginning of this week was good.  We had a conference in Los Angeles.  We had to wake up at 5:15am to catch the bus.  One of the area 70, Elder Gonzales, spoke about how we need to be bold, but not overbearing.  We shouldn´t be afraid of the chance that we might offend someone as we contact.  Look at what happened to Jesus when he was proselyting.  Lots of people took offence to him and his teachings and he did so many amazing things!.  The important thing is that we keep pressing forward, teaching what Jesus taught, sharing what we know to be true and to be BOLD.  

This week has been hard to contact people because we´re getting to the end of Copa America...and Chile is doing really well! Tonight we´re going to watch the game with a family with menos activo (less active) children and eat lots of BBQ! Yumm!

I wish I could write more but I have no time left thanks to the problems today!  It´ll be better next week!

Love you lots!
Hermana Jakob
 
 
(Mom's Note.... *Sigh!*  No pictures again due to technical difficulties!  If this keeps up, I'll run out of pictures!!!)
 
Hermana Jakob and Grace in Kirtland last April at the visitors centre.  Reminds me of the Primary song, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus".


Last June getting her wisdom teeth out.  She looks thrilled!


Last year at girls camp trying out the zip lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment