Tuesday 16 June 2015

COPA AMERICA and Chicken Feet

¡CHI CHI CHI! ¡LE LE LE! ¡VIVA CHILE!

This week started the Copa America!  We haven´t watched any games yet but we´re planning on watching the Chile vs Bolivia game (we have permission to watch the Chile games) this Friday with some members and recent converts, Pedro and Christopher.  It´s going to be lots of fun! We bought hats to show our patriotic love.  I´ll send some pictures next week.

Despite the hype for this Friday, the Copa America (soccer tournament) is proving to be a challenge for la obra misional (missionary work).  No one wants to open their doors.  You just don't knock on the door of someone watching football (I do it anyway, jajaja!)! 

This week we ate the weirdest thing I have ever eaten during my time in Chile.....Chicken feet!  Ugh!  It was... an experience to say the least.  The flavour wasn´t bad but, let´s just say, there isn´t a lot of meat on feet. It was just rubbery skin and ligaments. The soup they served with it was really good but I don´t think I´ll be eating chicken feet of my own free will again.  
 
 
Chicken Feet Soup....before


Chicken Feet Soup ....after


 
This week I was reminded of the power of sincere prayer. On Friday, all of our appointments had fallen through, and no one was answering their doors.  During trying times I always feel that Heavenly Father is trying to say something.  We decided to stop and offer a pray to receive guidance with the end goal to help one of his children in La Marina.  After we had offered the prayer, I felt that there was a family that we needed to search for close to the house of a member.  When we got to the street where this member lived, we knocked on the first door we saw.  A man named Jairo opened the door and inside we could see his wife and kid sitting on the couch watching a movie.  He explained to us that he was a less active member of the church but wanted his child, Isidora, to have a religious background but allow her to choose which religion to join.  He said he was looking for missionaries to help teach her and asked us if the church had sent us.  We were a little shell shocked and after recovering said that God had sent us.  Like it says in Moroni 7:33 that when we have faith, and a desire to follow the will of God, we have to power to do anything.
 
 
 
WHEN I AM BAPTIZED - (I Like to Look For Rainbows)  
 
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
 
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
 
Want to hear the song?  It's really cute!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTPeEAfBbo
 
 
 
A big Shout out to Caitlyn Rowden (a friend from the KW area) who's going to be joining us in the celestial mission of Chile Concepción South!!!  You´re going to be an amazing missionary and a great bendición a la obra misional aquí (blessing to the missionary work here).

 
 
Love you all.  Take care!  
 
 
Hermana Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment