Tuesday 14 July 2015

And the Winner of the Copa America is......

¡Hola familia y amigos! (Hello family and friends!)

Entonces (Well), this week was a bit of a crazy one.  It was a week full of partidos de Chile! (football games).  We watched the finals at Hermano Cesar´s house with other members and menos activos (less actives).  Hermana Reyes cooked up a scrumpcious buffet of carne asado (roast beef) and longaniza (sausage) with papas (potatos).  During the beginning of the game, Hermana Ivonne painted all of our faces to show our Chilean pride!...aaannnd...Guess what? Chile won the Copa America!!! I have NEVER seen so much patriotism!  People were running in the streets waving flags of Chile, honking horns and yelling.  I didn´t get a picture of it but the light poles and telephone lines were full of confetti and streamers!  
 
This week we were focusing on searching for people through the Spirit.  We found a man named Nelson.  As he was telling us about his life, a light was shining in his eyes and the Spirit prompted us to share with him about the plan of salvation and the love of our Heavenly Father.  The Spirit was so strong and I know that he felt it too.  Creamos que el es un escogido (We believe he is "golden" or a chosen one.)  I´m glad that Heavenly Father could help lead us to Nelson and his family.  That we could be an instrument in His hands to bring tidings of joy and repentance.  
 
This week was a little tough for me.  I still feel like I´m not that great of a teacher. I still struggle with the language amoung other things.  Hermana Martinez was my saving angel and was the answer to my prayers for help.  She shared her testimony of her experiences in the mission. She's helped me realize that this in the ONLY time that we have to serve the Lord full time, day and night, 24 hr 7 days a week, to declare repentace to the world.  Sure, after our missions we can continue by helping the missionaries teach, befriend investigators and conversos recientes (recent converts) but it won't be quite the same.   
 
Alma 26:28-31
 
28...we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills… 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul…  31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us."
It is truly a gift to be here.  I´m here because I love my Saviour, I love my Heavenñy Father and I love his children.  
Les amo mucho  (Love you all lots)
Hermana Jakob 
 
 
With Hermano Raul
 
 
With my companion Hermana Martinez



With Hermana Ivonne who painted our faces.

 In the tv room watching the final game.

 At the home of the Soto family for BBQ

Hermana Martinez showing her Chilean spirit.

Chile is doing well!

Chile wins the Copa America!!!

Lots of patriotism here.  Look at all that red white and blue!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment