Tuesday 14 July 2015

On the Spot in Spanish

This week was a little bit of crazy, a little bit of sad.

 
We prepared my companion Hermana Martínez for her voyage home.  She has served an honourable 18 meses (months).  We were working so hard up until the very last moment that we kind of forgot to pack her bags.  Last night we were up until 1:30 in the morning trying to get it all done.
 
 
Hermanas in our house.
 

I know we shouldn't have favourites but she has been my favourite compañera (companion) to serve with.  She has a special place in my heart.  I learned so much from her: what it means to be a missionary, how to love people unconditionally, how to work with all the diligence and energy of your soul.  She is a living testimony of what she believes; a reflection of Christ.  I wish her all the best. 

We had a family home evening with our investigators Carlos and Cristóbal and we had a miracle!  Before, their mom didn´t want to talk to us but we invited her to join us and she opened up we got to know each other a little better!  We´re focusing on inviting them as a family because en verdad (in truth), the gospel was created by a loving Heavenly Father for families.

También (Also), a familia (family) Torrez Mellado came to church!  Jario is a menos active (less active member) and is wife is Catholic but he wants his daughter to be baptized so we started teaching them.  On Satuday, we invited them to attend church with their daughter to help support her in her decision!  They agreed! There was an especially sweet spirit in the church on Sunday and the whole time Tatiana, the mom, was smiling!
 
 
The Torres Mellado family with Hermana Martinez.
 

On Sunday, I had to give a 20-30 minute talk, without any notice beforehand.  I was freaking out a little because my Spanish is still a work in progress.  My words were all scrambled (I think) ..I don´t know if anyone understood but I must say, I feel like it was a success. There is no way I would have thought 9 months ago, that I could give a talk on the spot in Spanish...let along carry a conversation!

The Lord has truly blessed us in so many ways.  There are little miracles every day.  I invite you all to reflect at the end of every day this week, to look back on some of the little miracles that you´ve seen throughout the day.  It will truly brighten up your heart, no matter how bad of a day you´ve had, and help you to see how much Heavenly Father really loves you.  

¡Hasta el proxima semana! (Until next week!)

Les quiero (Love you all)

Hermana Jakob <3

No comments:

Post a Comment