Monday 21 December 2015

Singing With Laryngitis and Hospital Run Arounds

Hola familias y amigos! (Hello family and friends!)

This week was really cool!  Well, as you know, I´ve been having a little trouble with my foot.  It´s a pain to walk on it but despite that, sigo adelante (onward I go)!  On Thursday, we went to the hospital to try and see what the problem was.  When we got there, they said that they couldn´t take the ectography (how ever you spell it) and that I had to go to another hospital.  We ran all over Temuco but no one could see me until the 5th of January (grrrr!) so we decided to put our trust in the Lord.  I received una bendicion de salud y consuelo (a blessing of health and comfort) and we decided to start a fast.  Then we went to work!
 
The pain now is bearable and we saw a lot of miracles. One was Johanna. We knocked on her door through inspiration a few weeks ago but we couldn´t find her again.  This week we felt that we should try to pass by again.   She was home and we had the most spiritual lesson.  She said that we were an answer to her prayers.  She has accepted a date to be baptized!  Yay!  
 
This week we also had our ward Christmas concert.  We sang in the choir and at the last minute they asked me to sing Silent Night in French! (Ooh boy! :s)  More to my embarrassment, I was having a case of laryngitis and it was really hard to sing.  After that experience, a sister sang a song called ¨His Hands¨.  I don´t think there was a dry eye in the crowd.  It was a great reminder of the Atonement and everything Jesus has done for us.  It makes me sad to think of all the things that Jesus had to go through.  In truth, it is the greatest demonstration of love.  I hate to think of how many drops of blood He had to shed for me.  Because of this, I want to be the best I can be. Alma 7:11-12
 
And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
 
I invite you to read this scripture and meditate what the Atonement has done for you in your life.  
 
 
 
Love you all!  I wish you a very Merry Christmas! 

Hermana Jakob 
 
(Mom's Note:  Seeing as there are no pictures this week, I am posting some pictures from our family Christmas trip to Mexico 4 years ago.  So much fun!)
 
Getting blind folded for the Christmas piñata...

Batter up!

Were the people who built these things really that little?  Why yes kids, they really were!

Went to visit some Mayan ruins we could walk all over.... at your own risk!  Totally fun!

Standing at the top of a Mayan pyramid coming down... scary stuff!  Interesting side note:  You can hear just about every word below from the person above and they don't have to shout. 

Going down the hole to swim in a cenote (under water cavern)  Scary to contemplate, but so much fun! Could be going to her death and happy about it!  LOL!

Swimming in one of three cenotes we visited that day.

Jumping from natural cutouts in the cenote.  The water is soooo blue!

Family shot at Chichen Itza.... priceless!  (can't walk up this one!)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment