Tuesday 17 November 2015

When Did I Become a Senior?

Mis amigos!  Mi familia! (My friends!  My family!)
 
I have some exciting new this week!  I´M GOING TO TRAIN A NEW SISTER!!!!!  I´m so excited!  I know this will be a great experience! I have to travel tomorrow to Concé (Concepcion) so I can be in the office bright and early Wednesday morning to meet my brand new companion! It´ll be different but it´s really special to serve with new missionaries.  They come to the mission field llenos de luz y animo! (full of light and zest/zeal)  I might get to train a Canadian ;)  From what I heard, 2 Hermanas from Canada are coming to the mission field!  I'll let you know all about her next week.
 
Speaking of Canadians, I´m in contact with Hermana Rowden (remember my friend from Kitchener). She´s doing really well. All the sisters say that she´s is learning Spanish so fast it´s nothing short of a miracle! (don de lenguas! -the gift of tongues!)    
 
We sent off Hermana Resek on Sunday.  She´s heading home now.  I always feel a little sad to see them go.  She worked so hard with the ward here.  There were a lot of tears shed.
 

We visited a recent convert, Maribel, this week.  She´s a really sweet girl and has a lot of love for the church and the members. 

 
 
Hermana Mamani, my current companion, is going to Tolhuaca en Victoria. She´ll be missed but I know that the sector there needs her. They´re going to see a lot of miracles.
 
This week my scripture is Alma 32:42 in the Book of Mormon. 
 
And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
 
This seed doesn´t only have to apply to our faith.  It can apply to a habit that you want to change, or if you want to strengthen your testimony in a principle of the gospel.  Through our diligent work and trust in the Lord, we´ll reach our goals and reap the ¨fruit¨ or blessings. 

Les quiero mucho! (Love you lots!)

Hermana Jakob 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment