Monday 9 November 2015

Anniversary Pancakes and Celebration of Nations

Hola familia y amigos!  (Hello family and friends!)

This week was a whirlwind of activity!  On Wednesday, we had our interviews with President Bluth (We have interviews every other cambio/transfer - with our mission president).  The capacitation (training) during interviews was great.  We talked about the importance to have unity in our missionary companionship and how we can work with church members more.  
 
So yeah... I turned a year on the mission this week. My companion made me pancakes (yum!) and I woke up to find that Hermana Resek and Hermana Peralta had written on all the mirrors in the house. It was really sweet of them!
 
 

 
I don´t feel any different.  Maybe more pressure than before to keep working hard.  Time is so short and this is the ONLY moment I´ll have in my life to be a full time missionary; to declare repentance and invite people to follow Christ and be baptized.   
 
This week I was reading in Mosiah when the prophet Abinadi is talking to King Noah and prophesying of Jesus Christ to come.  He was talking about how the Jews wouldn´t believe that He was the promised Messiah in the scriptures, but in the last days, they would come to know that Jesus is the Christ.  I began to think about the ¨Jews for Jesus¨ movement that I´ve heard about and thought to myself, ¨Man, it would be so cool to find and teach a Jew that believes in Jesus!¨ Guess what happened the same day I thought this?  We found a "Jew for Jesus" when we were contacting people!  God really does understand the desire of our hearts! I´m so excited!!!  We´re going to meet with him tomorrow
 
On Saturday, there was a ¨Celebration of Nations¨ in the stadium in Temuco.  Someone from the city asked President Bluth if some of the missionaries could be there to represent and talk about the United States.  I was volunteered to go and help represent the USA (which hurt my Canadian pride... LOL!) but it ended up being a lot of fun.  Each country had their own tent with traditional food, clothing and decorations. They also had dancers that performed a traditional dance from each country.  The States danced the Hula. We talked to a lot of people from different countries.  It was fun to get to know people from all around the world. 
 

Elder Cahill and Hermana Robinson

Hermana Resek  (She'll be finishing her mission in a week and going home!)

Chinese dragon dance

Who doesn't love a good cartoon cutout?
 
This week my scripture is found in Matthew 7:14
 
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
 
Les quiero much! <3  (Love you lots!)
 
Hasta el proximo semana!  (Until next week!)

Hermana Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment