Tuesday 3 November 2015

Changing Bad Habits and Pigs in the Street

Hola Familia y Amigos!

(***Mom's Note:  Congratulations to Hermana Jakob who as of this Thursday November 5th, will have been on her mission for a whole year!!!)
 
This week Camila attended church with us!  She got all dressed up and had a great experience.  Sunday was the fast and testimony meeting and I always love to bring investigators because we can feel the Spirit more strongly.  She said she felt something special.  She has family in Concepcion.  We´re hoping that we can get in contact with them and ask them to share their testimonies with her.
 
 
Today in the morning we got together as a Zone and had a Halloween party!  We couldn´t wear costumes but we ate a lot of candy and had a dessert competition. Our district made dirt and worms, and the others made double chocolate brownies (sooo good) and chocolate brownie s'mores (where can I get the recipe?)  We played basketball, around the world ping pong and soccer.  I didn´t realize how much I missed paying sports until today.  

I´ve also started Insanity (exercise program) this week.  I´m going to hurt a lot this week!  It´s a lot of plyometrics and cardio.  
 
There was a huge pig in the road with 4 piglets.  We live in the city...there isn´t country close by.  I have no idea where it came from?!
 

My scripture this week is from Mosiah 3:19
 
For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
 
The Atonement of Jesus Christ give us el poder habilitador (enabling power) so that we can change our natures and bad habits.  I know we can become more like our Saviour - full of charity, patience, hope and more. We can access this divine help through prayer, fasting, faith in our Saviour, through repentance and participating in the sacrament weekly. I know I´ve come to know my Saviour more on my mission. I´ve never felt so close to my Heavenly Father.  I want to become what He wants me to be, do what He wants me to do and help other people come to a knowledge of who they are... to come to Christ and participate in His goodness.  

 
Love you all lots!  
 
Hermana Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment