Tuesday 26 May 2015

A Week Full of Rain!

Hola familia y amigos! (Hello family and friends!)

This week was FULL of rain.  Funny how before my mission, I couldn´t stand being in the rain for more than 2 minutes. Have I changed my ways! Now, I´m walking in it all day and I´m fine with it! The only thing that bugs me a bit is the fact that we don´t have a dryer.  Only a gas heater.  I have clothes from 4 days ago that are still ....esta mojada! (wet)

Some things that I learned this week:

1) NEVER leave the house without an umbrella.  I got caught in a downpour on Tuesday.  I´ve learned the true meaning of ¨soaked to the bone.¨ 

2) There are teens that bag your groceries who work in the grocery stores here.  I would thank them heartfeltly (because I´m truly grateful that I don´t have to bag my own groceries)  and part ways.  I always wondered why they gave me blank looks or angry faces....I now know why.  These students don´t receive a pay check!  The money they make is solely tips that people give them!  I feel so bad!  I´ve been depriving these poor jovenes (youth) for 6 months!  The members that shared this information with me were laughing so hard!  My face was bright red. I´ve been depriving these poor jovenes (youth) for 6 months!!!

This week one of the converso recientes (recent converts) passed away due to complications to cancer.  It was so sudden!  We talked to him a week ago and he was fine.  He had just started his chemo.  I feel sad for his family.  It´s hard to say good-bye but I´m am so grateful for the knowledge that our Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan of happiness for us.  Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all of us will be resurrected.  Through covenants with God we have the promise that we live with our loved ones again, in complete and lasting happiness.  Death doesn´t seem so bitter with this hope.  

Have to go! Sorry I don´t have any pictures. I didn´t want to carry around my camera in the rain.  

Love you all! 

Hermana Jakob


(Mom's Note:  No pics home means blackmail photos from her youth!  ... Catching dragonflies on the back deck.  She is 12 in these pictures.


... At Grandma Micheline's dining room table. Love and miss this always happy kid!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment