Monday 30 March 2015

Exchanges, miracles and haircuts!

Hola Familia y Amigos! (Hello Family and Friends!)

Ok, I know I said that I would have lots of picture this week but we were sooo busy!  I feel like our days are cram packed!  I´ll promise I´ll improve in my photo taking skills!

This week we had ¨Grand intercambios¨entre las misioneras en nuestro distrito (Big exchanges between the missionaries in our district. - The missionaries get to travel to another town and work in a new companionship for a few days.  Not like a transfer which is a permanent move to a new area.)
 
I went to go work in Tolhuaca with Hermana Mendoza.  She came in the mission field the same time as me!  We had probably one of the most spiritual lessons I´ve ever had!  We found, through inspiration, by accident a menos active (less active member).  I know the Lord led us to her because we found her during a time when she needed our support the most.  She was very distraught.  We shared Alma 7:11 with her and bore our testimonies of the Saviour.  She bore her testimony in return and shared a miracle in her life.  She had a very rare and sudden illness in her leg.  She was in the hospital for about a week when the doctors told her that they we´re going to have to amputate it.  She said she was up all night praying and pleading that God would help her find a way to support her family if she didn´t have the ability to walk.  The next morning, the doctor came to take her to the operating room.  When they inspected her leg, it was completly healed! Not a mark to behold that it had been severely infected just the day before!  
 
 
 
 
 
Alma 7:10-12
 
10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

I know through Jesus Christ we can receive divine strength and support because He knows exactly how we feel and knows exactly how to help us.  Jesus healed the sick during his mortal ministry. I know that through faith we can see miracles in this day as in the days of old.
 
 

Today I think we´re going to cut our hair...I´m thinking of going short...really short.  Like an afro!  Think I´ll follow through?  I´ll send you the pics!  ;)
 
 
(Mom's note:  Proof that Eden's hair doesn't do afro all that well! This is the face I think we'll all make if she isn't joking about the hair!!! She's about 5 years old in this picture.)
 
 
Check out the new Easter video I mentioned last week.  Click on the link below to watch it and think of the blessings you have in your life #becausehelives
 

Love you all!  

Hermana Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment