Thursday 4 December 2014

Week 4 - Temple Trip!

HOLA!

I'm sorry to hear about Grandmere's passing.  I wish I could be there to help support you.  I also know that she is in a happier place now.  It's wonderful that she is finally with her beloved Grandpere after all these years.  When I imagine the happy reunion I start to cry.  

Thank you to all my Primary Children for you're notes!  I love you and think about you every day! 

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy! I can't wait to see what the house looks like when we Skype for Christmas.  

Today, we went to the Temple Visitor's Centre.  Unfortunate we couldn't go to a session because the Temple is currently under renovations. Despite that, we had an amazing time!  The Mexico City temple is SO beautiful.  The architecture is based off of the those of the ancient Mayans.  On the top of the temple, it has Moroni holding the gold plates.  There are only 4 or 5 statues of Moroni like the one on the temple here.  
The Visitor's center was so cool!  Each room was decorated in different styles.  In the one picture with Hermana Pemberton, the hallway was painted to look like rustic Mexico.  The Hermana's there shared a video about the Christmas season.  I highly  recommend you watch it.  It's called "share the gift." I'm pretty sure that's the English translation.  It brings the true meaning of Christmas into perspective.  They also showed a movie about how the Gospel blesses families.  When we raise our families on Christlike attributes, faith, hope, work, love, laughter, humility, we will be more united.  The belief that families can be together forever gives us hope of living with our loved ones again.  Isn't this knowledge amazing? That we will again one day see the faces of our loved ones and be able to embrace them and say I love you?

While we were at the visitor's center, I got some souvenirs for the fam.  I'm going to get one of the Elder's to ship it for me when they go back to the States. 

I don't try to avoid telling you how hard it is in the MTC.  It is, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well here. I haven't been homesick. Sometimes I have twinges but it's mainly the lack of instant communication that gets to me.  

My companion rocks.  My District is like family to me. The only thing that bugs me is that I feel like I'm still not good enough in the lessons.   I kinda beat myself up because I wish I could go back and do a better job, say something a little differently, connect with the people more.  I understand that I'm here to learn, practice and improve.  I'm just worried about making the same mistakes when I'm out in the mission field.  I came across 2 Nephi 4 and it helped calm my fears.

I have discovered a new love for Beach Volleyball.  We have a pretty sweet beach court here.  Last P-day, we played for about 2 hours.  I have a pretty sweet watch tan now!

So all of the Elder's in my Districto have girlfriends back at home.  Hermana Pemberton and I thought it would be funny to convince them that I have a boyfriend waiting for me (because they said it was impossible that any guy would wait for a girl for that long).  I told them that I didn't have a picture so they started to guess about what he looked like.  They bet that he was as big as a lumberjack, had a full beard and loved chopping down trees (this is what Americans think of Canadians LOL)  We convinced them that my "boyfriend"has a cleft lip. (SO gullible)  I need to somehow get my hands on a picture now...

Scripture of the Week:
2 Nephi 4. It is fantastic.  It's when Lehi counsels and blesses his family before he passes away.  I like what Nephi says the most.  I love the strength and comfort we can receive from the scriptures!

Word of the Week:
"Galletas" which means "cookies." The cookies here are SO good!

Te Quiero!

Hermana Jakob

Here is the temple and temple grounds






Here is the visitors center


The market selling virgin marys



No comments:

Post a Comment