Thursday 27 November 2014

Week 3 in the CCM (MTC)

Hola!

THANK YOU for the package!  I received it yesterday and I am so grateful!  When I saw the bag of popcorn I whooped for joy!  I'm going to share it with my District or room-mates today. 

On Saturday, we had our very first TRC.  That´s when volunteers from the local area come to the campus and we practice teaching and talking with them!  I was super nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect.  We had prepared something to teach but I knew that there would be a good chance that we would end up doing something else.  Turns out, the people we talked to were 2 kids that were touring the campus!  They were SO cute!  One was Santiago and the other was Juan I'm pretty sure.  I'm not too definite on their names because they spoke really fast.  Both were wearing  "Futuro Misionero" badges.  We decided to have a Q and A with them because they wanted to know what it was like to be a missionary.  This experience helped me realize that we need to teach the gospel with the simplicity of a child.  

The language is coming along! I'm feel a lot more comfortable with it and Hermana Pemberton and I try to speak Spanish as much as we can. I realized this week that we should never apologize for our Spanish.  We're all learning a new language and no one expects us to be perfect!  

For the Service project yesterday, we set up Christmas trees and decorations all around the campus.  I was kinda sad that I was going to miss the family tradition of decorating the Christmas tree but I here, I was able to complete the family tradition with my new family!  
While we were setting up some garland, one of the Hermanas started singing "Silent Night." I jumped in with the Alto and a couple Elders struck up the Base and Tenor.  It sounded like Mo-Tab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) in the reception hall! It was a great bonding experience.  


Scripture of the week:
Do you ever feel like you need direction in you're life?  You need answers to questions but you don't know where to find them?  

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given  him.

Sanitago 1:5- Y si alguno vosotros tiene falta de Sabidurá, Pídala a Dios, quien da a abudantemente, y sin reproche, y le sera dada.

(sorry if there were any typos. I had to write that from memory)

Word of the Week:
The word of the week (or phrase) is "Estoy agradecido(a)" because this week is American thanksgiving.  It means "I am thankful.

Yo sé que el Libro de Mormon es verdad.  Yo sé que a Dios nos ama.  Él es nuestro Padre Celestial.  Yo sé que Jesucristo es el Salvador.  Este conocimiento me ayuda a superar desafíos porque yo sé que Jesucristo me ensene.  Estoy agradecida por la opportunidad aprender a la CCM y por mi llamamiento misional.  Amo a Dios y no puedo esperar para ayudar a su pueblo.

You might want to google translate that :)


P.S. Sorry if I don't email you back.  We only have about an hour each week to email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment