Monday 18 January 2016

Where Do We Go From Here?

Hola mis familia y amigos (Hello my family and friends)!
 
This week we worked a fool!  Por fin (At last/alas), we had a full week without interruptions of conferences or holidays. 
 
The other day, we didn´t have any citas (appointments), so we decided to pass by futures and have a day of tracting (proselyting).  Normally we do a ¨called inspirada¨ where we pray to receive inspiration of where we should go to find the people that Heavenly Father has prepared for us to teach.  It didn´t work.  We tried again and it didn´t work.  I thought something was wrong with us but we put our trust in the Lord and left without knowing where we should go.  We contacted people all day, praying a menudo (often) to receive direction.  We found very good people to talk to but we still hadn´t entered a house to teach.  We prayed to receive direction and we started to walk.  I didn´t know where we were going but I felt that someone was pushing us along.  We finally knocked on the final door of an apartment building in the upper most floor.  A woman named Olaya opened up and let us in immediately.  She started sharing her story and I couldn´t believe it! This women has been prepared for the moment that we knocked on her door!  She is sick with a heart disease and because of her trials she has great faith in Heavenly Father.  She was asking questions like, ¨Why are there so many churches? Out of all the churches, which church is the true church? and more!  It was a truly humbling experience to learn that we don´t always know what we need to do but we should continue to move forward with faith.
 
This experience reminded me of the prophet Nephi in the Book of Mormon when he said he entered into Jerusalem not knowing what he was suppose to do beforehand.  1 Nephi 4:5-6
 
5 Y era ya de noche; e hice que se ocultaran fuera del muro. Y cuando se hubieron escondido, yo, Nefi, entré furtivamente en la ciudad y me dirigí a la casa de Labán.
6 E iba guiado por el Espíritu, sin saber de antemano lo que tendría que hacer.

(5 And it was by night; and I caused that they should hide themselves without the walls. And after they had hid themselves, I, Nephi, crept into the city and went forth towards the house of Laban.
And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.)
 
He followed the Spirit and Heavenly Father provided the means of completing the task he had given Nephi.
 
I invite you all to move forward with faith and in prayer and I know that Heavenly Father will direct you for good.
 
I´m so sorry but this week I won´t be sending any pictures either because I have to buy a new SD card for my camera.  Next week I promise!
 
Love you all lots!
 
Hermana Jakob
 
 
 *Sigh!*  Back to blackmail pics.... From family Easter 2013
 
With Uncle Phil and Uncle Joel blowing bubbles
 


With my Aunt Katharine
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment