Thursday 26 May 2016

Coming Home





I'm sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. It's pretty crazy when one comes home from the mission, eh?

The last day in Chile, we went to the mission home for our "last supper." We had a fast and testimony meeting before dinner and I felt like the whole room was on fire with the Spirit. It was really wonderful to see the change and growth that we had experienced in these 18 months to 2 years. After dinner all the sisters decided to take advantage of the little time left we had in Chile and we left to contact people in the street and walk around the construction site of the temple (the temple grounds are right in front of the mission home)
We talked to the construction workers and shared our appreciation for their work. When we arrived at the main entrance of the site, to our surprise the elders were also there! We took some pictures then had the inspiration to sing in front of the temple for the workers there. We sang Families Can Be Together Forever, I Love To See the Temple and The Spirit of God. There wasn't a dry eye. I felt such a gratitude for the temple and the Plan of Salvation. Families CAN be together forever through the promises that we make in the temple with Heavenly Father.  The temple is like a light house that guides us back to His side.





Santiago Temple

There's been some pretty mixed emotions. I feel like I never left and that a lot of time has passed at the same time. I'm happy to be with my family but I left half my heart in Chile. I love the people so much. I really came to see people through the eyes of Heaven.   Heavenly Father is always aware of the needs and desires of his children.

I'll miss the mountains and the forests.  I'll miss the rickety micros and the street venders.  I'll miss the caring and talkative neighbours and people in the streets.  I'll miss inviting people the follow Jesus Christ through baptism.  I'll miss my companions and all the things that they taught me.  I'll miss the joy that fills your soul when an investigator comes to church for the first time or the tears shed as we poured out are hearts in prayer. My only desire was to help others feel the love that Heavenly Father feels for them and that is what I will continue to do.

It saddens me to say goodbye to the country that I called home and the people that I have come to love.  I know that the mission never really ends.  We should have the nametag carved on our hearts. We should always remember to invite other to come to Christ; to share the tidings of great joy as did the prophets of old:

Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

2 Nephi 9: 23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.

It would be a wonderful thing to be there with Heavenly Father after this life; to fall into His arms and embrace Him.  It would be even better if we were there in that moment with all our family and friends.  This is what I desire. I want to see you all there in the Celestial Kingdom!

If you feel lost, or forgotten, pour your heart out in prayer to Him. He will guide you.  If you have questions, there are answers.  There are many tools that God has given us to guide our way.  The scriptures, family, church leaders, priesthood blessings, the Holy Spirit.  Seek after these good things.

I love you all. Remember who you are and the purpose of this life. Have an eternal perspective.

Comeuntochrist.org





No comments:

Post a Comment