Monday 28 March 2016

My Last Transfer and "Heightened" Contemplation!

Hola mis queridos!  (Hello my dear ones!)

Sorry for not writing last week.  We took a trip to a national park and we didn´t have time to write afterwards.  It was really cool!  The national park is called ¨Nahuelbuta.¨ There´s is a breath taking look out called ¨The Eagle´s Rock. The day was so clear that we could see a panoramic view from la Cordillera (the mountains) to the sea!  It was so silent and tranquillo (still) that we just sat on the rock for about an hour meditating and taking in the view.





In the park there are araucaria trees that are over 1000 years old! 

The weird thing about the park is that it was deadly silent.  There aren´t a lot of animals or birds and most of the animals that do live there hide when humans pass by.  All the trees there are covered in hanging moss, like in the southern states.  It was kind of cool to walk through the park and think of all the Lamanites and Nephites that could have walked through these parts of the world!




We also had an amazing conference for the mission.  Un setenta (a member of the Seventy) spoke about the importance of being a PMG (Preach My Gospel - the manual missionaries use to help them teach and serve people) missionary and the role of the Holy Ghost when we are sharing the message of the gospel.  I invite you all to read the talk by Elder Bednar ¨Becoming a Preach My Gospel Missionary,¨ because it not only applies to missionaries but to whoever has a calling as a teacher, (mother, father, seminary teacher, primary teacher, etc...)


Today we have transfers! Hermana Stone is leaving El Mirador to finish the training of a sister in Lebu.  Hermana Stone is a machine!  She feels a little overwhelmed but I know she´ll do a great job!  I´ll be training again!  YAYAY!   I am SO happy!  I secretly wanted to train again because it is such a beautiful experience to receive a new missionary full of light and hope and help them begin the missionary experience.  

The sign reads "Welcome Dear Sisters"


One of my best friends in the mission, Hermana Gallegos, finished her mission this week too.  It´s hard to say goodbye.  We´ve passed through so much together and she taught me how to love unconditionally, without judging.  I hope we can see each other again. 

That´s all the news for this week!  I´ll keep you posted and send you pics of my new hija! (daughter - what they called a newbie straight out on the mission)

Love you all!  

Hermana Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment